5.25.2006

Confessions on a Blog Floor

Part Deux --White Knuckles et el, will be along soon -- till then enjoy this little outburst from this morning.

Okay, I have a confession to make. I’m not even sure why I’m coming clean on this; maybe Madonna’s Confessions tour has inspired me. Or, maybe not.

And on a side note; could someone please ask that woman to eat a little more and exercise a little less? Honestly, she’s starting to look a bit scary up close (in person sans airbrushing) without the benefits of ANY body fat what so ever. Ripped is one thing, stripped is quite another.

Back to me, although the two are related and yes I am stalling.

I”VE STARTED EXERCISING!

There I’ve said it and I won’t apoligise for it. No, not at all. It had to be done I tell you. Had to. After the whole nearly killing Bill Murray by inducing an erupting hernia while holding only half my body ton-age something had to give, besides his hernia.

Nothing like a near death experience, even if, in this case, causing someone else’s, to get one’s arse in gear, as we say.

I’ll wait a moment while you all collect yourselves, as I know this all comes as a bit of a shock considering my stand on exercise and/or lack thereof.

It happened in the midst of all the rain we had been having recently and since I had no voices telling me to build an ark, I started walking. Four and a half miles a day rain or shine. The dog started out all excited and quickly became confused during one particularly drenching walk. He kept stopping and looking at me as if to say, “Okay, you’ve made your point. Although I have no idea what that point is, can we stop this madness now?”

Huh, what does he know? He’s a DOG.

I’m sure it has something to do with all these upcoming changes happening in my life right now. All for the good, but all rushing at me at once and knocking me a bit off kilter. Okay, more off kilter than normal. Okay, I am nowhere near normal on a good day, but that’s not the point. The point is, I feel better for it and that’s a pretty good side effect as far as side effect go. If you ever listened to the side effects at the end of any pharmaceutical advert, you know what I mean.

Another lovely side effect, I’m getting my curves back. Instead of being one large round curve, I’m getting a waist and looking less like a candidate for The Biggest Loser. Which is good news because watching me kill those judges on that show on national television, while entertaining, would’ve been troublesome for the family.

Anywho, I’ve got to go for my walk, lots to do today as I’m getting ready to head to Tempe, AZ for OCC’s big hoohaa there this weekend.

I will leave you with a couple of pics from Saturday night, The Boy Wonder’s Prom.





How incredibly cute are they?!

©2006 Dawn Marie Kelly, all rights reserved.
posted by Angel @ 1:29 PM |

14 comments

<< Home