11.16.2005

To Diva or not to Diva-------Hell Yes Diva!

What exactly is a Diva?

Merriam-Werster online defines it as:

Main Entry: di·va Pronunciation: 'dE-v&Function: nounInflected Form(s): plural divas or di·ve /-(")vA/Etymology: Italian, literally, goddess, from Latin, feminine of divus divine, god -- more at DEITY: PRIMA DONNA 1

I would also post Oxford’s definition except that they have a site that is subscription only.........
Oxford --For an annual rate of $295, you'll have full-unrestricted access to the OED Online - including quarterly updates! Love the OED, but can't commit to a full year subscription? You can also enjoy access to the OED Online on a monthly basis. For a low monthly rate of US$29.95, this is great value with no commitment.

I would post from my personal Oxford Dictionary but I haven’t yet allowed myself the luxury of spending the bazillion dollars on that either.

Besides, then I wouldn’t have had the cash equity to buy that Olive Topiary thingy now would I.

I don’t know about you but I’m digging the; literally, goddess, part and the deity.

The reference to prima donna is clearly when some unfortunate soul ran into a diva while she was PMSing.

That was their bad.

So we’ll discount that.

I am sure that somewhere in my blonde little head I have the term for such mistaken research from high school chemistry----I’ll keep you posted on that.

Clearly all females are born divas, we just then have to learn to own it as we grow.

This thankfully happens sooner these days.

I say that because I was born on the cusp of the feminist movement.

I was too young to be bothered by the surge because I didn’t yet own a bra to burn and was much too busy begging Ken to pay more attention to Barbie.

Which he did---but only after she had that bitchin pink corvette.

Of course we have to be careful, there is a right way and a wrong way to be a diva.

I have seen some frighteningly young divas out there abusing their powers.

We’re talking 4 year olds people.

Thankfully there are places divas and divas in training can go for advice and to learn how to use their powers for good.

One of them that you should check out and return to often is;



I exercised my diva rights this morning.

I had apple pie for breakfast.

I applied the diva law of:

If you baked the damn pie you can eat the damn pie for breakfast!

As a fallen diva that has now risen like a phoenix up out of the ashes back to her throne says;

“It’s a good thing.”
posted by Angel @ 3:23 PM |

3 comments

<< Home