1.17.2006

Best Laid Plans Made


I’ll admit I’ve been thinking about this for a very long time.

I’ve always thrived within a predictable structure.

Then along came Teri and I thought, “See, it is a good idea.”

And did nothing.

Then I signed up for an online Humour Writing Class over at Gotham Writers' Workshop and it really seemed like a good idea.

Hold on.

Did someone just ask, “Why a humour writing class?”

So you can all start giggling and tittering to yourselves while reading my blog of course.

Because apparently I can’t believe I write funny unless the person telling me is in a qualified position.

And I need to kick my fiction into gear.

And I’m paying him.

Back to business.

Even Pia’s given it some thought recently.

So now that I’ve added the commitment of a weekly gig at the Daily Irish News I’m finally going to do it.

I’m going to write in my blog twice a week.

There I’ve said it.

I feel better all ready.

No more will I feel guilty when go into Stat Counter and I see my loyal readers, (Yes, I have some. They don’t leave comments but they are fiercely loyal readers on both sides of the Atlantic. I love you guys!), have been checking in for new posts, sometimes a couple times a day.

The pressures off me and no more guess work for my readers.

Every Tuesday and Thursday there will be shiny new posts to my blog.

For those of you who can’t get enough you can sign up for the delivery of the Daily Irish News and read me every Friday there.

I may even pick a day to post my assignments from my class if my teacher doesn’t rip them apart too much.

Or not, if he seems to be telling me that I am indeed not funny at all but only have been playing the part of a humourous writer on my blog.

If that turns out to be the case I am in for a long and painful 10 weeks.

On the bright side, if that’s how it plays out I can turn my full energies to my mid-life crisis and let the belly baring, spandex, and stiletto heel wearing begin!

And yes, I’ll post pictures.

Because one way or another I will make you laugh.
posted by Angel @ 4:23 PM |

10 comments

<< Home