1.24.2006

Things are not always as they appear to feel


photo source

I slept in today. I didn’t mean to I honestly made an attempt at actually getting up but somehow there I was at, 9:45 AM EST, having to forcefully drag myself out of bed.

Which is no fun at all. Just ask The Hubster.

It’s really strange though, I was asleep by 10:45 last night. And while I had a couple of disturbing dreams that I will NOT share here, I slept pretty good. Makes me wonder if I am suffering from SAD disorder.

The SAD website defines it as:

SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) is a type of winter depression that affects an estimated half a million people every winter between September and April, in particular during December, January and February.

Makes me feel better just to have something to maybe point a finger at.

But back to those dreams, I don’t normally remember my dreams.

During particularly stressful time periods I have a tendency to remember them but I am not having a particularly stressful time that I’m aware of.

That I am aware of.

I mean what’s the point of being stressed out if you can’t share it with people this stress of which we speak?

If I’m stressed I should be having unpredictable mood swings that level everything and everybody within a 5-mile radius. Of which I show no remorse because I’m stressed.

I should be eating truckloads of carbs trying to comfort and calm the stress.

I should have something or someone that I can firmly point a finger at and be blaming for all this stress until an appropriate amount of time has passed and I can pull myself up by my bootstraps—wherever they are, and save myself making all right in the world once again!

So I spit at you SAD disorder. What kind of a disorder are you that you can’t even muster more than a tendency to remember my dreams and a need to sleep 11 hours rather than seven?

Disorder indeed.

I’m off to make some mashed potatoes all this hoopla has me feeling a bit not quite myself and a wee tad sad.

12:46PM edit: I am always the last to know but this apparently the worst day of the year---who decides this stuff and how are they right?!
posted by Angel @ 3:40 PM |

9 comments

<< Home